Friday, December 13, 2013

For readers of this blog. Thank you.

Wanted to share a message I got in my inbox:

Hi SemDem,

I just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know your diary "S.C. Sheriff Refuses Executive Order to Fly Flag at Half-Staff" made the top 5 list of our most-viewed diaries last week in social media, generating over 28,000 pageviews from Facebook shares alone. Outstanding!

Thanks so much for writing such engaging content. I look forward to reading and sharing more of your work.

Best,

Faith Gardner
Assistant General Manager
Daily Kos

The last post I put up two days ago on the kid with "affluenza" topped that one I'm sure, since it had 26K "likes", the pageview count must be off the charts.

For most blogposts, I typically post on DKos first as a draft. I refine it throughout the day as I get more information from followers and leads from commenters. Only when it is as best as it can be, I post it here.

None of this would be possible without you. You not only passively read, you give me tips, encouragement, ideas, and support. I try to put action items within the posts I do, and they do make a difference. People are contacted, boycotts are organized, petitions are started. Hell, the Pickens Co. Sheriff FB page was overwhelmed and every post deleted back through October in a futile effort to stop people from registering their disgust. (America-loving Sheriff no like the 1st amendment?)

My primary mission is to take down Rick Scott and the corruption in our State, but its hard to ignore the craziness going on all across our land. Lets stick together and keep fighting.

SemDem

UPDATE: I was right about the second post. She responded:

Yep, your "Affluenza" post blew the previous post out of the water—72,859 pageviews from Facebook alone last week. In fact, it was one of our top 25 best-shared community diaries of the year!

1 comment :